Sunday, February 18, 2024

Changing direction


In blogs, I often talk about how the narrative will affect my role as a sound designer and the progression of how the story is being creative with the team. My blogs of setting up the story and character exploration, figuring out the details, and sound design after a nice conversation centered mostly about these themes and group collaborations.




Our group had a lot of passion about the project but while working on the story it started to become clearer that our goals and thoughts weren’t working out. I wanted to do this film badly and it was important for me to get this done under the time requirement. My group were less worried about the time, and they had other priorities to work through.



I tried to be understanding but I felt myself frustrated and worrying about getting things done. Our goals were so different, and it wasn’t working. This wasn’t a good way to do group work, so I decided that it was best for me to split from them and make a solo film.



Now I’m doing every role in the film, yet sound design is still my passion, so all the research I have done will be used for my film as I will still be part of the same genre and some of the ideas of the sound design will still be present. I now have more creative freedom and there is less stress for everyone involve so it was the best decision possible.



Working on the bug film production has taught me a lot, from the technical aspect of film production but also in teamwork. Knowing if a team matches in their goals and way of working is important for good teamwork. Though we worked well in the creative aspects, it is constricting when it came to doing some of the work. I acknowledge my limits and my goals, and I went with a decision I’m happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment