Monday, October 30, 2023

Hello there!

Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith, May 19, 2005

Hello, I am a student right now taking media studies. I have always been interested in film making, and the principles behind the process. This class has made it more fun to watch media and made it easier for me to pay attention to movies. I have always enjoyed talking about media that I have strong emotions or thoughts about, and this class has helped explain better why I would either like or hate something. right now, in my media studies class we are starting to do the more practical work, which is extremely exciting. We have started on our first short film which is based around a chess set. This is a group project and I have the role of sound design and technical director, which I am incredibly happy about.  

My favorite type of media are properties that have a lot of history and different versions of the same characters as Star Wars, TMNT, Mario, Ironman, Barbie, and Batman. I really enjoy the possibilities of different interpretations that are official but are big deviations of the normal formula for a franchise. Arcane, Rise of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Batman, and God of War Ragnarök are all rooted from an original source, but they take liberties with the material which shows new ways that beloved characters can be adapted. I really enjoy classic novels, my favorite books either having witty writing like Emma, or gothic horror like Dracula. 

All of the media has influenced me to who I am now, which will definitely be shown in our short film. 


No comments:

Post a Comment