Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Camera Shots

Still from Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper,September 28,2004 that uses a low angle to convey the power of the character.
 
Still from Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:The Movie, August 5,2022 that uses distance to show the conflict.


Still from The Devil Wears Prada, June 30 2006 that uses a low height to learn about the character through their shoes.

Still from High School Musical 3: Senior Year October 24,2008  that depicts an off level shot to convey personal conflict.



This is a still that uses a low angle to conveys the strength of a character.

This is a still  that uses an uneven level to show character.

This is a still that uses a low height to depict the conflict and character.

This is a still that uses close distance to convey a character.

This assignment was fun to do, but my models were very lacking. On all photos it was a losing battle to get them to stay still. My dogs thought that the photoshoot was a cuddle session and so they decided they wanted to eat the hand of the camera instead. Which influenced me on my choice of the distance still as having the camera far away was not going to be possible. But I’m very happy with my distance shot as I feel like it conveys the personality of my dog so well. My cat was uncooperative too but in the less cute cuddle way and the more knife for paws way. But this was also a happy thing as it gave a strong sense of personality. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to only show the shoes and the paws, but I didn’t end up going with that photo as it looked like the cover of an indie album that has no reason just that it looks cool. The whole reason why I chose my animals for my photo were because it added more emotion, and the indie album look-alike went against that. The still that gave me the most problems in terms of technical aspect of it and not just my models not being able to understand English was level. As it was difficult for me to do a level still without subconsciously doing another type and then having to figure out which one is the one that fits the requirement by just staring at the photos for a while. Other than the level still, this assignment was less stressful than the last one but that might also be that I used HW as a way to take photos of my pets.


No comments:

Post a Comment