Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Technical issues

 With the knowledge of what I need to fix, my plan was to work on it over the weekend. Over the weeks that we have been working  on this film, I have learned a lot about the software we are using to record and edit which is Premier Pro Rush. Its a good a program a bit basic but does what it says well most of the time.

Premier Pro Rush is very finicky, a lot of times working with it feels like a gamble. One of the best features is the cloud, very easy to transfer things and when it works its really nice but then sometimes it doesn't work. like it happened to me over the weekend.

The error screen that I got constantly

No matter what I did, it never wanted to open the project not on my phone  and not on my computer. Pretty quickly i became frustrated every time I opened the program and it was a red screen. I tried a lot of ways to fix it, usually waiting is what fixes it as it gives time for the cloud to fully load. I waited a long time and it never loaded. Then I had to go troubleshooting, trying different videos, installing the program again. This was the biggest hurdle i got while working on the film, and it was very stressful.

But throughout the whole experience of using editing software, it taught me to be patient. Sometimes Wi-Fi is so slow but switching it off and on will just make it worse, so its better to wait. After a while I figured out Premier more and  learned how to work with the program instead of against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment