Sunday, March 31, 2024

Final sound work

Other than the original sounds I created, I also used sounds taken from different medias.

While editing I started thinking about sounds I needed for the film.One of those sounds is that I wanted the animation to have a big sound cue for when they showed up.I wanted distorted radio/record scratches  as part of the cue.This made me think of game series that I had played before that had the sounds I was looking for which was the Little Nightmare series, 2017.

    This is a collection of music used in the game which I took different parts.
I used parts of the screeches  for the intrusive thoughts


Previously I talked about my inspiration that I got from Arcane,2022 and while editing something felt like it was missing in the animation sound cues.And while rewatching parts of Arcane again I heard the metallic glitch sounds of Jinx’s intrusive thoughts and I real liked liked it.So I took parts from different scenes and added them on top of other sounds.


While editing sound, I take parts of sounds clips and use them as it matches with the film.This means that the timeline ends up being quite messy once it’s laid out.Especially when I start overlapping sounds.Im very particular about editing sound so a lot of the small lines in the timelines  are singular notes I take out from sound clips.

The long line is the ambience sound of the room.

 The middle section has the most sound clips.With a combination of both foley and unoriginal sounds.


This timeline shows the amount of editing I did on the sound.I like doing this because even though a lot of the sounds are from other media, I want to add a twist to it.Trying to find some uniqueness  and making the sound match more to my film is very important to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment